JOIN OUR TEAM
Discover the Career Opportunities at Common Transportation
CDL Class A Driver
We are looking for a CDL driver who can match our safety commitment. Must be able to bring to work a professional appearance and work ethic, be timely and responsible overall. He/she must be efficient using dollies, pallet jacks, ramps, occasionally do manual lifting and work in different temperature environments.
- Safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience is required
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections of equipment.
- Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation regulations
- Maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with Department of Transportation Regulations.
- Utilize an on-board tablet to track hours of service.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Safely and accurately unload and deliver product to customers.
- Occasionally utilize barcode scanners.
- Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain contact with dispatch for instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries or pick-ups.
- Maintain route plan as provided by dispatch. Communicate to dispatch as needed.
- Observe all local, state and federal laws and ordinances.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Please send your resume to [email protected]
Non CDL Driver
We are always looking for a non-CDL Driver to transport freight (with minor assembly) in a comfortable, safe and timely manner. Driver responsibilities include maintaining the vehicle clean and execute preplanned routes. Ultimately, you will help us increase customer satisfaction, making sure clients depend on us for their transportation needs.
To be considered for this role, you should have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no recent traffic violations. Note, we provide drivers with our own vehicles.
- Take care of truck’s wash services and maintain interior cleanliness of the vehicle
- Loading and unloading freight
- Minor assembly of freight being delivered
- Ensure freight being assemble is properly working, call Tech support if needed
- Provide great customer service to clients
- Proven experience as a Driver
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Must be familiar operating pallet jack and dollies or willing to learn
- Knowledge of area, roads and neighborhoods
- Ability to lift 200 lbs with a partner multiple times per day; able to bend over, carry freight up and down stairs, climb in and out of the truck
- Assemble/disassemble customer’s beds
- Availability to occasionally take weekend shifts
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations (e.g. driving, with customers, etc.)
- Be a team player
- Get a Department of Transportation physical
To keep our clients and employees safe we comply with some policies in place which include and are not limited to wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as face masks, gloves, shoes protection (booties) during deliveries/pickups.
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected]